All the info and links you need to experience the Festival!
Locating the Drive-In
The Grand River Drive-In address is 1451 Grand River Pkwy, Leeds, AL 35094.
• From I-20 traveling east or west, Take Exit 140.
• From I-65 or I-59: Take 459 to I-20 Atlanta, On 459, exit to I-20 Atlanta and take Exit 140.
• At Exit 140, turn left at the exit onto Hwy-78 and cross under the bridge to reach the entrance of the venue.
• Turn right on Grand River Parkway and follow it until it dead ends, and the drive-in is on the right.
Click here for Google Directions
The Grand River Drive-In offers 4 drive-in screens, a concession stand and grill, an off-leash dog park for the furry friends, a playground for the kiddos, a mini-golf course, and yard games. There will be four traffic lanes to enter the venue, and you will be directed to your screen by our staff.
Gates will open tentatively at 6:30 pm each day. If you purchase tickets to two screenings at different screens, once the first film ends you will be able to navigate your vehicle to the next screen. If you happen to purchase tickets to two films at the same screen, you don’t need to move your car – you can just stay where you are parked after the first screening.
Each screen has a different capacity, the smallest being 78 cars and the largest being 177 cars! The lots at the Grand River drive-in are staged so that any car of any size can park anywhere and can get a clear view of the screen. This means that parking your vehicle will be easier than it was if you attended any of our pop-up drive-ins at The Summit. We do ask that if you plan to leave a screening early to park at the back so as not to disrupt other patrons.
What to Bring
• Everyone should bring an open mind and an adventurous spirit!
• A mask or cloth that covers your nose and mouth. Masks will be required any time you are outside your vehicle and when interacting with Sidewalk staff or volunteers from inside your vehicle
• Since this is a drive-in festival, you may want to consider the following items: camp chairs (we have limited-edition Sidewalk chairs for sale!), blankets, comfortable shoes (much of the venue is not paved), and a debit/credit card (some points of sale will be cashless due to COVID-19).
Please don’t bring: Outside food or drink, Bad attitudes, Weapons of any kind, Drugs
Audio + Car Etiquette
The speed limit within the venue is 5 mph. Once you arrive, our volunteers will provide you with the radio frequency for your screen. If your radio does not work unless your car is running or you plan to sit outside of your vehicle, we suggest you consider bringing a portable FM radio.
After parking, we ask that you ensure that your headlights are not on to create a better viewing experience for those around you.
Food + Drink
Since you’re unable to bring in outside food and drinks, concessions will be handled by the Grand River Drive-In. Their snack shack offers everything from the classic popcorn, candy, and nachos to a grill with burgers and hotdogs! They also offer a full bar so grab a beer and a burger and enjoy the film!
Audience Choice Balloting
We are moving our audience ballot process to a digital format. You will have information on the pass you receive upon entering the festival to access the digital ballot for the screening you are attending. Simply submit your vote and follow up at the end of the festival to see if your favorites win!
Did we answer all of your questions?
If not, reach out! Email us at email@example.com or call our box office line at 205-413-3794.
Help us spread the word!
Sidewalk needs your help to get the word out about this year’s festival on social media! It helps even more if you can personalize your posts by talking about a film you are particularly excited to see, but really anything helps! Here are a few captions you can copy and paste to share on the platform of your choice and an image you can use:
FACEBOOK: I’m going to the #sidewalkdrivein this August 24-30! Join me and check out some new independent films and some beloved classics, all from your car! Check out the online schedule here: sidewalkfest.com/schedule
TWITTER: I’m going to @sidewalkfilm ‘s #sidewalkdrivein 8/24-30. Check out the online schedule here: sidewalkfest/com/schedule
INSTAGRAM: @sidewalkfilm is hosting a drive-in film festival! Join me at the #sidewalkdrivein August 24-30. You can find the full schedule at sidewalkfest.com/schedule
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook + InstagramSign Up For Our Newsletter